A Piece Of Me...

I was born in the second half of the 1900’s, possibly descended of "Scottish Tinkers" (still finding this), Tetched with Megalomania, Decidedly Hetro and an emerging Crone!

Winter, Blue, Spiritual, Empathic, Artist, Artisan, Wordist, Herbalist and a Stone Caster!

Now then, for good measure I’ll throw in ADD, Bi-Polar, OCD and a bit plain ole NUTZ….. J I refer to this as having numerous "Cats In My Attic", which means I still have control...otherwise they would just be "Bats In My Belfry"! : )

Most of my time, these days, is spent dealing with a semi-bizarre condition, "Arachnoiditis w/Myoclonic Dystonia"! Such is life after a fairly severe (ACDF C4-7) spinal incident. I am so grateful to no longer be paralyzed after successful surgery, that I try not to whine about the “Chump Change”! I’m sure any Quadriplegic out there would gladly accept the sacrifice for the freedom of Mobility!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just Dropping By On A Weekday Afternoon!

What a lovely day for an outing, and since I didn't have any pictures from my last visit to the gallery (forgot camera) I thought would drop by and get a few shots. I knew the garden was now in full regale. It was such a nice day, not too very hot and the smoke wasn't that prevailant either! The garden was really lovely, I never even knew so many of the beautiful displays of flowers were indiginous! Big kudos go out to the garden commitee and other volunteers for all their hard work.

I found the gallery being attended by two resident artists, they were very friendly and ready to show off the gallery. I appreciate their enthusiasm, also it was very nice to meet a couple of the artists and see their work up too! Beverly, a watercolorist with an incredible hand, had a lovely picture that reminded me of younger days at the pond near my grandparents farm.


Never mind the moon, it is really my flash! LOL, me and my pictures, I sure could use some photo lessons heh!! The other artist Maureen, had a soaring pastel so good that I thought it was a photograph. I had to get up close to it to realize it was actually a rendering!


(Again, no moon there!) Thank you ladies for attending the gallery as well as being so freindly and gracious.
As a personal homage to the members that are hung by "Loo", I give you the "Big Hall" Photo Tribute!
This months Tribute Photos are:




And then, I can't close without touting my personal Favorites:


Love, love, love!
If I could buy a piece of art right now this would be it! The picture here of course cannot touch the vibrancy or the depth in this work. WOW! I do not even like the subject matter really, it is all about the colors and the space! I can hardly wait to put some of this flavor into a piece of my own! "Big Red Award" to Sean Randall for the "boxers"!


Now if anyone knows me, they know why I picked this one.. ohhh sooo my colors! LOL

Big Green Award goes to:



Okay, okay, so I am a bit redundant! But I LIKE this picture! Really, it is not because it is green at all! Seriously though, I mean it!
"Cowboy Heaven" by Gene Knaebel made me feel like I was right there, I loved it!


We finished off the day by making a trip over to the Old City Hall Gallery!



Lx5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice Or Just Be Gone! Only Positive Energy Allowed!