A Piece Of Me...

I was born in the second half of the 1900’s, possibly descended of "Scottish Tinkers" (still finding this), Tetched with Megalomania, Decidedly Hetro and an emerging Crone!

Winter, Blue, Spiritual, Empathic, Artist, Artisan, Wordist, Herbalist and a Stone Caster!

Now then, for good measure I’ll throw in ADD, Bi-Polar, OCD and a bit plain ole NUTZ….. J I refer to this as having numerous "Cats In My Attic", which means I still have control...otherwise they would just be "Bats In My Belfry"! : )

Most of my time, these days, is spent dealing with a semi-bizarre condition, "Arachnoiditis w/Myoclonic Dystonia"! Such is life after a fairly severe (ACDF C4-7) spinal incident. I am so grateful to no longer be paralyzed after successful surgery, that I try not to whine about the “Chump Change”! I’m sure any Quadriplegic out there would gladly accept the sacrifice for the freedom of Mobility!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Redding Art Hop- Awesome Night Out!

Well, I stayed true to my NYR#3, (Don’t just think about it, DO IT!), and went out last night on the "Art Hop" perpetuated by Troy Hawkman and Friends! What a fantastic time I had! I’m sure many would echo my sentiments, as it was crowded at every stop along the way! What a great crowd too, joyful families, cheerful hosts, friends met friend and greetings galore! Did I forget to mention the art? Oh there was plenty of that too! LOL!!

I started out the evening by setting out straight over to see my fellow bloggers from reddingblog.com,Still Married” setting up to kick off the Hop with some great tunes over at the "Backyard Destinations". I had intended to get there early enough to get their autograph and a personal picture to add to my file! But alas, I got held up at the last second and was late arriving. I did try to get up to meet them but was only on time for the introduction of their first set! Dagnabbitt! Then, I could not figure out how to operate my camera! What a kink! I did run into Troy and Adam as well as many other great local notables. I spoke briefly with the hostess of the evening, Thank you Lisa and James for the lovely spread of edibles! The featured artist, Barbara Enochian, had some really striking pieces on display but I did not get a chance to meet the artist because I was too busy trying to pay attention to Erin and Craig delivering a couple of their great songs!

I went from there on over to "Sues Java Cafe" were I ran into a cool artist "Mike" that had some great pieces on display there.  He has a great toon hand that reminded me of Tim Burtons stuff!  He spoke of book he is working on illustrating and I am sure he'll be up and coming quite soon there after!

I strolled into "Fabrics, Etc" because it was finally an excuse for me to go look through their goodies!  I met with the hostesses, Sherry and Barbara and discussed some of the lovely Home Decore they had in the store as well as the brilliant artwork there provided by Sandy Howell, one of the most spectacular hands in the northstate!  She has such vibrant colors!

I stopped by to see what they had to offer at the "Medical Home Professionals" and was delighted to see Sandy Howell showing some reall beatiful work. My favorite was a stunning piece called "Hum Bug" that perfectly captured the moment that a hummingbird snatched itself a juicy little bug!  It was like seeing it for yourself! And the "goodies" were pretty snazzy too!  I think they were homemade!

I was dying to explore the art work on display at the Cascade Theater, but unfortunately I could not make it up the stairs.  I did have a great conversation about the theater and some of it's life with "Ruthie", a volunteer for the theater!  I wanted to stay for the dance presentation, but I had to leave before they started.

I tried to get into the "Vintage" but it was packed to the rim and I figured I would press on because there was still plenty to see!  I always wanted to, so I stopped into the "Clover Club" just to see what they had going on in there.  I had my self a little B&B with a nice little conversation with "Bill" the keep about a mutual favorite" Slam Buckra"!  I LOVE SLAM!  He is on my list of autographs for 2009!

Some of the most interesting works was by Jeremy Sawtelle at the Posh-Mama Boutique, his large pieces are done with Kool-Aid and Coffee!  Wow, super cool!  You have to see it, stop by!

All night long I was following around a couple of great photographers and finally felt compelled to at least introduce myself, so, shout out to Chris and Jessica from Hanna Gallery, check them out,(they blog too)!  I know who to turn to for great pictures at least!

I have to give a big set of KUDOS out to Nicole Gullixson for having some cool work out for her first show!  WOOHOO!  Nathans Anthem's Body Piercing And Tattoo's sure picked a winner!  Nice, and she is still in High school folks!  Wow, I see some great stuff coming from her.  My favorite was "Urban Sunset", I heard Troy likes that one too!  LOL!

I ended the evening strolling through the Arts Council displays of Encaustics and even met with two of the wonderful artists that produced most of the works I saw!  Ann Kinkade and Rodney Thompson were there and were very informative about there work and trials!  Great finish to a long evening for me!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO sorry we did not get to meet the other night -- the venue was crazy crowded, which was fabulous. But I sure would love to have said "hello."
    Thank you so much for listening - it means a great deal to us.
    I'd be most happy to send you a signed picture and a CD - email me at:
    erin at stillmarried dot net -- or I can arrange for you to pick it up at Wrap-N-Pack on Hilltop.

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice Or Just Be Gone! Only Positive Energy Allowed!