A Piece Of Me...

I was born in the second half of the 1900’s, possibly descended of "Scottish Tinkers" (still finding this), Tetched with Megalomania, Decidedly Hetro and an emerging Crone!

Winter, Blue, Spiritual, Empathic, Artist, Artisan, Wordist, Herbalist and a Stone Caster!

Now then, for good measure I’ll throw in ADD, Bi-Polar, OCD and a bit plain ole NUTZ….. J I refer to this as having numerous "Cats In My Attic", which means I still have control...otherwise they would just be "Bats In My Belfry"! : )

Most of my time, these days, is spent dealing with a semi-bizarre condition, "Arachnoiditis w/Myoclonic Dystonia"! Such is life after a fairly severe (ACDF C4-7) spinal incident. I am so grateful to no longer be paralyzed after successful surgery, that I try not to whine about the “Chump Change”! I’m sure any Quadriplegic out there would gladly accept the sacrifice for the freedom of Mobility!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Favorite Doesn't Always Mean The "Nicest", Just Favored!

I was contemplating a quip from my Hunny, in his usual way of telling me he loves me he says "When we get rich I am going to buy you all new kitchen stuff!  Things that actually MATCH!!"  He often curses my propensity to like things that are not considered "Uniform"!  I of course am always eager to give him my response of how much I love my miss-matched life and it doesn't matter if I have co-ordinated utensils or not, they are all my FAVORITES!!  I have been accumulating the CRAP in my kitchen for over 20 years!  I use almost everything in this picture on a VERY regular basis!

In fact, this picture is featuring a very unique point of view! If you will notice, almost everything in this picture is DIRTY!!  Yep, right out of my kitchen sink!!  As I decided to take a picture of all my favorite "Kitchen Essentials", I noticed something ironically funny, almost everything I find ESSENTIAL and would rescue if I had a chance to be forewarned of pending doom, was already dirty and waiting to be cleaned!  I pulled very few things out of the drawer for this modeling session!

Included here is the Butcher Block that I rolled down the road on the sidewalk to get it home.  We were living on post, Fort Ord, when I bought it from a soldier relocating overseas.  He really hated to get rid of it, but they had already made their weight, things had to go... I bought it for $10 but let them use it right up to the day they left!  I have been rolling it around with me ever since 1990, several different homes even!  Yet every time, it seems to have the perfect place to FIT right in!

Nearly every piece on this table has a story, just the way I like my inanimate objects!  I should tell you my story about a towel sometime...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice Or Just Be Gone! Only Positive Energy Allowed!